Monday, March 5, 2007

William's first horse lesson

William and Mommy went for their group riding lesson. It was GREAT!!!!! William loved it! This makes Mommy so happy. We got to the stables a bit early. There was a lesson going on when we arrived. William just did not seem to understand that he had to wait his turn. He kept wanting to ride right then! Imagine that! Once the other lesson was over, we went to the barn and met our horses. William rode Bo and I rode Nino. Bo, a 26 year old Arab, Quarterhorse mix, was great. William walked him to the arena and then climbed up....with the help of his trainer, Miss. Cindy. Miss. Cindy showed him how to steer and turn Bo's head to the left and right. She also showed him how to tell Bo to stop. William then moved Bo forward and walked around the arena...steering Bo and going around the cones in a circle! Big steps forward for his first lesson. Here are some photos of William and Bo. You will see William trying to ROAR for the camera and with Miss. Cindy. Mommy had to talk with William about not ROARING because it could scare the horses....not a good thing.




Mommy worked on her posting trot, sitting trot, circles, and canter. It was great riding again after being away for a year. Miss. Cindy said I looked like I had not been away from a year. My leg was pretty stable....but I could tell I had been away. I am looking forward to getting my strength and endurance back. Nino was a good horse...very capable and smart. So smart that he tried all the tricks in the book to be lazy....just like a school horse! We both had a great time. Here is a picture of Nino.



1 comment:

Angie said...

Glad to see that William is following in your footsteps.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...