The past two days have been VERY difficult for our family. Lisa, our beloved Dalmatian, gently passed on. It has been very difficult on everyone. I am in the midst of creating a video montage of times and loves with Lisa. Please check back.
Anyway, what started this post are my crazy, random thoughts during this time of sadness, crying, reminiscing, and pure love for Lisa. These thoughts all started with my MANY nicknames for her and it got me wondering about nicknames. My name really does not translate into a nickname other than Trace....and at times, that is boring. I never thought I was one that used nicknames, but as time has moved on and I have become a mother....three times (Lisa is my FIRST baby), I noticed I use only nicknames when calling my babies. So here is a listing of Lisa's nicknames......very rarely did I just say "Lisa". That ONLY occurred when I was annoyed, angry, pissed, and a variety of other feelings associated with destruction and messes. At those times she was then called "LEESSA!" If I had to choose the sweetest, most loved nickname for my gal, (at the moment) I would have to go with "Lisa Marie". Anyway, enough of my babbling, here is my list.
Lisee
Lisee Bear
Liser
Lisa Marie
Bear
Bearser
Lis
Lisapooh
Lisagal
Old gal
Baby girl
Oh, and she answered to every single one of these names....especially if food was involved.
Not only has Lisa been given several nicknames, but so have my children....and they, like Lisa, answer to all of them. I mean why not, they probably don't know their given names.....rarely do I say those names!
William's many nicknames:
Wee
Wee-man
Wee-Yum
The Wee
The W
Paul's many nicknames:
P
The P
P-lay
The P-lay
Paulie Wallie
I forgot that Paul's real name is Paul. I mainly call him P-lay or Paulie Wallie. It is so bad, that if you ask William what his brother's name is he replies: "Paulie Wallie". I need to stop, I just don't know how to. It is even funnier when you hear me talking to others saying:
"Blah blah blah and the Wee, the P, and the Liser were there too".
How strange and funny are those names.....good things they are just nicknames, but really in my world they are more likely the name that you will be called. Oh, and if you are wondering No, I don't have ANY nicknames for Kevin. But he has plenty for me. I am sure you have even heard them. If not, I will refresh your memory:
Devil Woman
T-Rex
The Tracenator
2 comments:
I prefer to call Paul the "Paulie-wog." And I think he likes it too! :)
You are definitely a nick-namer, but I love it. And, devil Woman? is too funny. Again, I'm so sorry about Lisa.
Post a Comment