Yesterday was a BIG day in the Capozzoli household. It was a crazy day...filled with joy and excitement. Isn't everyday that way though?!
So, here is the scoop. Wednesday night I took my contact out of my right eye and felt like I had scratched my eye. I thought "No big deal. It will get better overnight." Well, the next day came....and I put my contacts on. I know, I know, I know.....you should never put your contacts back on when you think you scratched your eye. But, I had some big work things to do that day and really could not go with just my glasses. That night when I took my contacts off I had the most excruciating pain in my right eye and thought "Oh, I hope this gets better." Well, it didn't and yesterday we went to the doctor. Of course I can't drive so Kevin has to come with me to the appointment and bring the kids. I won't blog about waiting to see the doctor....that is a post by itself!
So, when I get in to see the doctor she of course can't find a scratch....great! But, I am still in major pain and have an eye the color of a fire truck! They send me to the Opthomology Department....of course they had to call the doctor back in because it is Friday past 3PM. For those of you not affiliated with the military, the base and all services close down at 3:00PM exactly for the weekend. Getting services over the weekend is pretty much a bear. So, back to the saga. The doctor and tech come in. I meet with them, have loads of drops put in my eyes and have several exams consisting of blue lights and bright, white lights. Diagnosis.....I have an ulcer on my right eye! Good thing we caught it early because it is not that close to my cornea and is not effecting my vision...YET!!! Treatment....I have to put drops in my eye every hour, even during the night, until Sunday when I go back to see the doctor. She says I will still experience the pain, pressure, and sensitivity to light until then....and I mean even end up with a scar on my eye from where the ulcer was. HOW FUN! And how did I get this....probably from my contacts and when my little scratch got infected! So, the learning lesson is no matter how clean you are with your contacts, you can NEVER BE CLEAN ENOUGH! Let's hope this gets resolved quickly.
On a good note, Paulie has cut his first tooth! My adorable gumless smiling boy is no more....sad! He will soon be able to start eating more table food and enjoying Mommy's cooking. He still remains the sweetest, most laid-back baby ever created! I am truly blessed.
1 comment:
Tracy, that's terrible! I hope things improve.
Post a Comment