Over the Christmas holiday I read and read and read till I was so sick of books I had to take a break. It was wonderful relaxing at night, not even wanting to flip through the TV channels. I guess this is one good thing about the writers strike.....I am reading more books, and at a faster pace! Gotta love it.
So, I have heard so much from some of the book club ladies about a few books that I decided to give them a chance myself. Our book club decided to take a break over the holidays, and well, I think we are still breaking because nobody has mentioned picking a selection for January. May have to send out an email about that....reminder...remember to do that. Again, another aside that I always seem to put in my blogs. Back to my books. I read Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin. I really liked the books. They were quick reads....easy fluff. Maybe that is why I was able to read them during my visit, amongst the chaos and family visits. I liked how the characters in the two books were intertwined. I am not sure which of the two books I liked more....they were about the same. Just some good ole fluff! And, sometimes that is the best kind of reading ya need! Consider reading them if you have some time. Now I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. So far the book has been REALLY good. A different read than The Kite Runner, but just as enjoyable. I'll let you know how the rest of it goes.
1 comment:
All 3 good books, but I really LOVED A Thousand Splendid Suns. I don't prefer fluff, though. I was in the hospital too long, read 3 books there. I would recommend Chris Bohjalian's (sp?) Double Bind.
Post a Comment