Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Praise for A Thousand Splendid Suns

I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns last night and LOVED every page of it. The book was very different than The Kite Runner. Both books are set in Afghanistan, but are very different. A Thousand Splendid Suns explores the relationship of two women. Most of the book, over half...close to two-thirds, is the back story of the two women when they are living their separate lives. It is when the two women come together that the book begins to soar and you CAN NOT put it down. Every page makes you want to read deeper and deeper into the story. I felt some much more for this story and the characters then in The Kite Runner, which I really liked, too. I don't know if I like this book more because it was about women and you were able to see Afghanistan and the culture through the female perspective. I am going to think that may be it. Whatever it is....it is definitely worth the read. Maybe even a second read!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I think I preferred this one, because I found the Kite Runner a little more disturbing. Even though they both showed a cruel part of society, in A thousand splendid suns, at least the main characters were always loyal to each other. I think so, anyway.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...