William's half-day camp ended on Friday and it was a very successful experience for him. He was tired and would often fall asleep at an earlier hour than normal for him. He has this week off and then begins Pirate Camp next week. I am hopeful that these experiences will make for an easier transition into Kindergarten. He is also continuing with his weekly swimming lessons at the health club and LOVES it. Friday was the first time that he swam the pool by himself. It was a great moment....and I have to say I got teary-eyed. He is getting to be so big....going to camp, Kindergarten and swimming. All boy and lovin' every minute of it. He was so proud of himself after Friday's lesson. We have a few more weeks and then level 2 begins.
During hand to hand combatives this week, Kevin had his templar membrane in his left ear ruptured and got a black eye. The unit doctor says it should heal, but due to the large size of the rupture, he will probably need surgery to completely repair the membrane once the training course is over. He is on antibiotics, Tylenol and has a bit of a head cold from the rupture. The eye is not so bad....just the outer corner part of the eyelid. He needs plenty of sleep to feel better and was successful in achieving that over the weekend.
I have been going to the gym alot....and anyone that really knows me knows I am not an exercise bunny. This past week I was there twice a day, everyday working out and watching William with his swimming lessons. One good thing is that I have met with the Exercise Physiologist and created a strengthening workout routine for me. I had my one-month review and learned that I did not loose ANY weight.....I weight exactly the same....but I lost 4% of my body fat. That is good...I guess. So I go back in another month and we will see if I have lost inches.
Now I will end this random post about the week's catch up with some beautiful flowers from Adrienne. These are the replacements that were sent for the original ones that started drooping immediately. This picture makes me feel like my house was a florist's shop....these roses were so beautiful.

And Paulie....what can I say....I just love to watch him curl up, snuggle up and enjoy his day whether watching his favorite show (right now it is a toss up between Blue's Clues.....you never can escape Blue and her crew..... or The Backyardigans) or reading his favorite ladybugs book.
No comments:
Post a Comment