Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just melts your heart

On Tuesday night Kevin had to work late. I gave the boys an early bath. We had finished dinner and Paulie was already in his crib for the night. A good half hour had gone by and William and I were brushing teeth and getting ready for his bedtime. Daddy came home and walked thru the door saying "Hello, I'm home." And, well the rest happened:

Paulie, from in his room, starts chirping...."Da-di, Da-di, Da-di, Da-di...blah, blah, blah"

William runs out of the bathroom and is so excited and says: "Hi Dad, we are brushing teeth. Do you want to play Mario Cart?"

And I say to Dad, "Well, Paulie was sleeping....but he hears you so...."

I go to get Paulie (thinking...Great, how will the rest of the night go)....and he is standing in his crib, pointing to the door, saying "Da-di, Da-di".

I let Paulie out and he runs like a bullet to the front door and practically tackling Kevin.

The three boys snuggle on the couch and I hear Paulie say to William, "No, my Da-di" as he pushes William out of the way. Um, do you think that they miss their father when he is away?!?!

Paulie went back to bed with no problems and slept all night. So did William. This story just touches my heart and I thought Kevin would explode with the love he felt from his guys. Too cute. Oh, and you can't have a post without cute pics. So here are some from yet another coloring episode in the house.




No comments:

Capozzoli Family Videos

...