Monday, August 25, 2008

Today is the BIG day!

Amazing how four years have gone by. I knew this day would come....every parent knows this day will arrive. I am just AMAZED at how fast it came! My first born has started Kindergarten! It was a big morning in our household! Daddy had a late work call, so he was able to enjoy in this momentous event.

William, surprisingly, awoke quickly and in good spirits. He nibbled at breakfast, but had no problems getting into gear and getting ready for school. We left for school on schedule. On the way into school (Mommy walked William to his room while Daddy stayed with Paulie in the van), William told me he was scared. I reassured him that it was OK to be scared and that was normal. I then told him he was going to have so much fun that when he came home to tell me all about school he would forget about being scared. He seemed OK and we walked on. We arrived at his classroom and a few classmates were there. William went and played with some blocks while I waited to speak with Ms. Reilly. I then went to say goodbye and gave him a big hug to which he replied "By Mom!" Happy and content to stay at school. Daddy met us outside the classroom, peered in and stole one last look at William. He was already making friends and looking at books on the play rug. A perfect send off! We documented the first day....as all parents do. Enjoy the pictures.

With Daddy.....Paulie smiling in the background.

Mommy and her big boy!

William in his classroom....posing no less....amazing what a year brings.

I captured the moment - and the great attitude - and stole a second picture.

Big changes in just one year. This is William's first day last year....he did not want his picture taken. He is growing up!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, this makes me kind of sad reading this, just because it will be all too soon when Ashlyn starts school.

You'll have to let us know how the rest of the day goes.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...