Thursday, January 22, 2009

Housing choices

I have been working hard on choosing options for our new home. I picked out the cabinets, granite, hardwood stain and carpet yesterday. Now I have to pick paint colors for the interior and siding colors for the exterior. Kevin and I talked about going dark....a natural clay color was our first choice. Then I drove by and saw a house with green siding and tan trim.....craftsmen colors. Surprisingly, I really liked it. So I came home and played around on the manufacturer's website picking different siding options. Here are my top three. Look them over and let me know which on you like. You need to visualize this house without the upper-story. Here is a drawing of our house.



This is option one: Natural Clay siding with Natural Clay corner trim, white trim around the doors and windows, white porch rails black shutter, black door, black roof and a white garage door.

This option two: Cypress siding with white trim around corners, windows and doors, white porch rails, black roof, black door, black shutters and a white garage.


This is the third option (currently my favorite): Cypress siding, cedar/tan trim around the corners, windows and doors, porch rails will also be painted the same color, black shutters, black door, black roof, white garage door.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like option #1. -Sara

SNYDFAM 5 said...

Hey Tracy,
I like option 2. The house is gorgeous. I bet you CAN NOT WAIT. When will it be done and when is move in day? I love the porch. Take care.

Anonymous said...

love option three....mike p says no white less to have to paint and pressure wash.. Have fun on your new home!!!!

Laura said...

Hey! I like option 2, but I think it's mainly bc there's more white trim.

tammy said...

After much thought, I like #3. I feel it will blend more with the surroundings and will be different from other homes in the neighborhood. It is easy on the eyes and has the feel that says "come on in and stay awhile".

It feels like Tracy and Kevin!!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

I like two the best, I like all the white trim, I think it makes the house's details pop.

Angie said...

I like 1, I think, but I'm having a hard time really choosing.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...