When Aunt Sara came up to help us move, she brought along the best present.....my coupon book. I was a bit leery of couponing....how it was going to work, would I have the time, would I really save money. But within the first visit to the store I was hooked. Aunt Sara, my mom and I went armed with our coupons and list. All the items we bought were for the new house. Let me tell you it was great to see the saving roll in....and Kevin is thrilled about it too. So now on Sundays I clip coupons from the paper, print them out from the computer and plan my trip to the store. I especially love it when my grocery store does Super Double Coupons (will double a coupon with a face value of $1.98) and Triples (will triple a coupon with a $0.99 face value). My goal is to save at least one-third of the bill in coupons....so far I have succeed just about every trip. I also like how I am truly saving because I am purchasing items that I do use....no wasteful spending. And, I don't feel guilty about buying other items the rest of the week because I am saving elsewhere. Here is to coupons!!!!!!! These are the savings from some of my recent couponing trips:
Bill paid was $156.02 - coupon savings was $93.60
Bill paid was $87.07 - coupon savings was $57.89
Bill paid was $228.85 - coupon savings was $106.81
Bill paid was $186.16 - coupon savings was $77.89
2 comments:
I am happy I can learn from my daughter. Tracy and Sara are into couponing and the processing has rubbed off on me too. Yesterday I bought only products that had a coupon. My bill was $186.00 - and my coupon savings was $68.00! Not bad for a beginner.
I'd forgotten that you made your blog private, so I no longer can read in my feed.
Anyway, I don't know how you do it?! I don't seem to find coupons that are for what I buy that often, and I don't now about any double or tripling. Fill me in.
Post a Comment