Wednesday, May 12, 2010

William's broken elbow, an update

We went to see the orthopedic surgeon today for William's check-up. He had another x-ray and the doctor felt that the humorous bone was healing so well it was safe/stable enough to move into a hard cast. I must say I was thrilled with this news. This past weekend was difficult keeping trying to keep William from being too active and reinjurying his elbow. Sometimes he seems to get the seriousness of it and other times I wonder if he was ever born with a brain. The doctor asked what color he wanted and he said blue. Then when the nurse went to get the supplies he said he really wanted yellow, but that he would save that color for next time. What?!?!??!? I quickly told him that there would be no next time and that we needed to focus on getting through THIS time. Here are some pictures of William and his shiny new, blue cast and a video he wanted to do for Dad. He is thrilled with it and can't wait to show it off tomorrow at school, especially to Monica. She fell and broke her wrist right after William broke his elbow. They now sit next to each other, spend recess together, and pretty much just go were the other one goes because of their boo boos. At least William is not alone in this experience.





No comments:

Capozzoli Family Videos

...