I thought since I have this blog I would take some photos of the house here on Eglin Air Force Base to have a record of it. We have taken photos of every home we have lived in....but I just store the pictures or they are on my computer. So now I can display this home. The house has a very useable floor plan. It can be small at times....I do try to keep it tidy. When it is tidy it does not seem so small. When it is dirty and things are EVERYWHERE (because of children) then it seems really small. Even if you can't visit, at least you can see where we live. I should take some photos of camp too. Note to self, take pics of the LONG drive and camp. I will also try to take some photos of the front and back of the house.
Here are some photos of William's room. It is an under the sea theme. He loves the fish! I painted the room and then my mother helped me paint the sea grass. William even has some fish nightlights.

This is Paulie's room. Bright and cheery. There really is not theme....like William's room as a baby, green was his theme....so I guess yellow would be Paulie's theme.


This is our kitchen. I painted the walls green, then I stenciled them with a cream paint. I also painted the cabinets the same cream color. It really brightened up the kitchen. If you have even lived, or visited, military housing quarters....I am talking the OLD ones....then you know just how beautiful the kitchen cabinets are! Angie, think Benning and imagine how small, dirty, and dingy those cabinets made the kitchen. This is a major improvement!


This is our office/play area right off of the kitchen. This is where we spend alot of time. I did not paint in here because the existing color was complementary to the kitchen.

This is our family room which also looks into our dinning room. I painted these walls a nice camel color. Actually, Kevin painted these two rooms...as a Mother's Day present for me. Kevin is not much of a painter so for him to paint that was very thoughtful.
This is our dinning room/area that is right behind the family room. It also looks straight into the kitchen. Kevin also painted this area for me!
This is our bedroom. For a master bedroom in military housing this is HUGE! We are able to fit two dressers, a large bench, and a king size bed in this room! We also have a walk-in closet....which is big for military housing. I painted this room a dark putty color and then stenciled one wall with a lighter color. This was my last room to paint and took the longest.







No comments:
Post a Comment