We made it back to Camp Rudderville in about 9 hours! I can not believe the drive went that fast or that the boys were soooooo good. We even stopped for breakfast and lunch along the way so that we could stretch and get some energy out. William and Paul were so good. They slept the first few hours and then William watched his shows while Paul drifted between sleep and play. It was a good drive. I am glad that my mother was able to help me. I still don't feel comfortable driving for 10 hours with the two of them myself. Maybe when Paul is older and not so bottle dependant!
When we arrived home my FABULOUS husband had cleaned the entire house, washed our bedsheets, was doing laundry, AND had cooked us dinner! I am so surprised and so happy! I am wondering though.....who are you....this person masquerading as Kevin.......? Who ever you are, I need to leave more often! It is wonderful being missed so AND coming home to a warm, clean and loving home! I truly am blessed.
A big milestone happened for Paul while visiting my parents......he is off COMPLETELY of his nighttime bottles! YAY!!!!!!!!!! It was the smoothest transition. I said...well, tonight is the night that the bottles stop. We'll see how it goes. And he slept through the night! Amazing! Occasionally he will awaken for a binkie and cry out....but then it is right back to sleep. He goes to sleep at 8PM and awakens at 6AM for a bottle. This is so doable! I tried to work hard to get this pattern for the grandparents. They are coming to visit/sit with the kids while Kevin and I travel to Italy. I know that constant awakening at night is tiresome.....so they will no longer have to worry about Paulie. Just Lisa....making sure the old gal gets out during the night so she doesn't pee in the house.
Well, enough rambling from me. I will put some new photos up soon. They are of the garden while I was away......I have to upload them first.....and I no longer have two willing babysitters. So it may take some time. Check back.
1 comment:
That's awesome that he's sleeping so long now. Ashlyn was up 4 times last night! That isn't normal, but it makes for a cranky mom and toddler in the morning.
Post a Comment