Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kevin...the woodworking king

During our move, I decided it was time to throw out the old office furniture and bring on some new stuff. Our old desk and credenza were nice but truly for an office...so we have been on the hunt for a new desk. We decided on the style of a writing desk but could not believe the prices. This one below is from Pottery Barn and is $600 or $700. So Kevin decided to build us one. I was a bit nervous, but after seeing the results (and the work while in progress) I think he has a future in woodworking! I am so proud of our sleek writing desk that cost $150 (time and labor don't factor into the price). I have already created a woodworking "to-do" list for him. I know he is thrilled!!!!!! See the pics below.


The inspiration desk.

The office area before the desk. And, yes, that is a side table we were using.




The finished office....modeled after the inspiration desk. AMAZING JOB!!!!



Some close-ups of the desk.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Kevin!! When can I put in an order?

Angie said...

Really nice, Kevin. I'll put together my own list, too.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...