Saturday, May 12, 2007

A special Mother's Day

Yesterday William's preschool had a Mother's Day Tea. On the way to school, William kept telling me about his Mother's Day card that he had made and that he had a special "prize" for me. Prize is his way of saying surprise. It was wonderful hearing him tell me about his card....that he had glued on butterflies and flowers and small balls. Sometimes he called the small balls polka dots. So at 10Am I went back to his school for Mother's Day Tea. His class sang us a Mother's Day song. William really did not want to sing....he just stood there with the other children. Today when watching the video, he said that he did not sing cause he was nervous.....aaaahhh....too cute! See the video page below for the Mother's Day Song (it will come in a few days...uploading takes some time). After our song, we all had some nice snacks and were given our Mother's Day presents. Here are some pictures.


This is William's classroom and his classmates. The children were all so happy to see the Mommies arrive. William even showed us the table of food and said "Here we made this food for you on Mother's Day." Then he showed us the food with his hand....it looks like the Vanna White hand as she is showing the letters on Wheel of Fortune. Too cute is all I have to say.

Prior to the song, William got nervous and did not want to sing. He went and hid behind this panel. I was able to have him go stand with his other classmates for the song. This was taken before their song.

Here is William's special prize for me. He made me a beautiful bag with his own painting.


A photo of Mommy wearing her special bag.


Here is a close-up of my bag. The flower are William's hands and the grass are from his fingers. When he gave it to me he said, "I finger painted this for you." What a love!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's so sweet! My mom used a key chain I made her in 1st grade until just a couple of years ago. I love the kid made stuff.

Capozzoli Family Videos

...