The move has officially started...YAY!!!!!!
The best part is we were able to actually complete most of the list. As William would say, "Can you believe it!" Kevin and I sat down Saturday night and made a list of what needed to be completed by Sunday and then what needed to be addressed on Thursday. Hum, we ended up with 25 items....and that is leaving off some things. But all in all, the move is going pretty well. The packer arrived at 8:45 this morning and promptly started packing the kitchen, family room and dining room. So all of our dishes, including the china hutch, are packed up. Luckily we still have the tv hooked up....but that goes tomorrow. Tomorrow they are going to pack the bedrooms, closets, and outside shed areas (we have 4!). Will be interesting to see how quickly that goes.
Today I got a jump on the house cleaning to help with Thursday's cleaning. I cleaned all of the windows (inside and outside) and their tracks. Racked the backyard....so it looks good. The grass is not tall enough to cut. The oven racks are "cleaning" as I type this.
We still have to finish painting/priming the house. At least William's room is covered. I just need to do the top portion (damn my short stature!!). Touch up the oven, touch up the dishwasher, clean out the refrigerator, sweep out the sheds and the patios. And give the house a general good cleaning. I am feeling more comfortable with our new list.
And if you are wondering about the boys, they have been amazing. Good kids.....William made friends with one of the packers and "helped" pack several boxes. Paulie just ran around smiling and flirting and then took his usual 3-4 hour nap. So overall I would say we are doing pretty darn good. Check back with us later.
Oh, and we are unplugging the computer tonight.....so the blog may be going MIA for a while.
1 comment:
Good luck!!!
Post a Comment