We have begun the travel portion of the move. It has gone well....at least the driving part did. Getting out of Fort Walton Beach, well, that was a different story.
We worked really hard on cleaning the house so that we could clear our housing inspection with Eglin on the first attempt. I worried and worried and worried about the cleanliness of the house. I spent many hours working on the house, to the point where when Kevin conducted the walk thru the inspector asked about me.....ha! And, rightly so, Kevin said I was stressed about it because housing does have a repetition when it comes to clearing inspections. But I am happy to say that we cleared on the first try!
So, here is how today went.
Kevin got up early to meet the housing inspector at 8:00AM. He was greeted with a $500 hotel bill! Come to find out our two rooms were $128 a night, PER ROOM. When we made the reservation we were quoted a rate of $128 per night.....no per room, per night business....so Kevin had to address this miscommunication. So our daily per diem rate of $180 for food and lodging is now taken up with just lodging, but Kevin did get them to lower the bill. Then Kevin had to drive out to the camp for the inspection, of course without gas. So he went to fill up and due to a lighting strike, all the gas pumps were disabled. So Kevin used the one gallon of gas from our lawn mower and drove like a grandpa out to the camp. Then he waited and waited and waited for the inspector, who showed up late, of course. We passed housing and then Kevin had to putter back out of camp on fumes. He then came to get me and the boys.
So here is my morning.
I woke up at 7:30 to Paulie pulling my hair and kicking me in the back. He was doing well sleeping by himself, but when Kevin left he started to cry so I got in bed with him and he settled down....until 7:30. We lounged in the bed until 9:00 and then we awoke William, got dressed, went downstairs for breakfast and had a enjoyable meal. The boys were really well-behaved and ate a good meal. We then returned to our rooms (because they were adjoining) to wait for Daddy. Paulie ran around the two rooms, William watched tv, and I read the paper and sipped on coffee (this is a mini-vacation for me!). And then it started......there was a knock a the door and maintenance was asking if we were ok because they received a 9-1-1 call. And it hit me.....Paulie was playing with the phone and dialed 9-1-1. Maintenance told me it was fine and they experience this alot and to just hang up the phone. So, I did as I was told. Two minutes later maintenance was back and the phone was jammed.....Paulie has somehow managed to jam the 9-1-1 button so that the call bypassed the front desk and went straight to Fort Walton Beach Police Dispatch. So, here come the police. Great!!!!!!
When they arrive Kevin is with them looking at me like....what happened?! Turns out as Kevin walked into the hotel he ran into the cop in the elevator and learned that someone's kids had dialed 9-1-1 and then the cop goes to the second floor (our floor). The cop begins to ask Kevin if he has kids....and well, he follows Kevin to our room.....so Welcome Home Daddy....isn't this great! Paulie dialed 9-1-1. What a great way to start our trip.
We finally get out of the Fort Walton Beach area at noon and begin to drive to Atlanta. We made it here around 7:00PM and I am ready....oh so ready....for bed. Can you blame me?
1 comment:
Oh, Tracey! Too funny.
Post a Comment